The birds are chirping and the fresh scent of spring is in the air! Been itching to get back on your bike after the long winter break? Here are some tips to help you get ready to ride again.
A few words from Local Motion Executive Director, Karen Yacos:
When I look back on the past year, I see a time of challenges large and small, some met and others still looming. Each of these challenges creates opportunities to better our communities, our organizations, and ourselves. Local Motion has heeded that call at every level, with both the adaptability and the limitations that come with being a small nonprofit. Simultaneously, we are supporting and supported by communities, partners, and organizations across the state as we take on this work together. You’ll hear all about it throughout this newsletter.
Summer has come to a close and fall is in full force with winter fast approaching! Before the snow falls, we wanted to give you an update on all the great things that we worked on over the summer.
- We formed a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team and have set out to understand and address structural racism within our organization and in the context of the work we do.
- We operated our Bike Ferry and Trailside Center safely and successfully during this summer of COVID-19.
- We turned our in-person safety, education, and Learning Network workshops into webinars and reached more people than ever.
- We continued to offer our E-bike Lending Library so Vermonters could get outside in a new and fun way.
- We maintained over three miles of protected bike lanes in Burlington.
But that’s not all! Read more about what we’ve done this summer by scrolling through our fall newsletter.