Everything You Need to Know About E-bikes in Vermont
E-bikes are an excellent way to make biking a part of daily life, and are a viable option to replace car trips. The battery-powered motor provides just the right amount of help, and addresses several bike-related transportation barriers such as trip distance, disabilities, hills, cargo and child carrying, and more!
E-bike Promotions & Resources
VBike’s Free E-bike Consultations for Everyone!
If you’re interested in an e-bike but are not sure which one is right for you, sign up for a free e-bike consultation with VBike!
Vermont State Incentive
- See Drive Electric Vermont's State Incentive's page for full program details, eligibility, and how to apply
Burlington Electric Department
- $200 rebate when you purchase an e-bike or conversion kit at local and online retailers
Green Mountain Power
- $200 rebate when you purchase an e-bike or conversion kit for transportation purposes
Stowe Electric Department
- $200 rebate on qualifying Class 1 e-bikes
Vermont Public Power Supply Authority
- $100 rebate when you purchase an e-bike or conversion kit
E-bike Lending Libraries
Checking out an e-bike from an E-bike Lending Library is a great way to see how an e-bike could work for you. Find an e-bike lending library below.
- Montpelier E-bike Lending Library
- Springfield E-bike Lending Library
- Middlebury E-bike Lending Library
- Rutland E-bike Lending Library
- Brattleboro E-bike Lending Library
- Upper Valley E-bike Lending Library
Vermont E-bike Regulations
Vermont defines e-bikes using a three-tiered classification system.
Find more information about e-bike safety here.