Vermont Safe Routes to School & Bike Smart
Check if your school is signed up for SRTS!
Safe Routes to School Sign Up Form
Safe Routes to School Activity Form
Safe Routes to School (SRTS) is a comprehensive program based on a simple premise: our kids should be able to safely walk and bike to school. Walking and biking to school helps students develop independence, improves academic performance, helps reduce traffic congestion and air pollution, and helps create a stronger community.
Vermont Safe Routes to School has been part of the VTrans Bicycle and Pedestrian Program for almost a decade.
Since that time, Local Motion has served as statewide SRTS coordinator. Our role is as follows:
- Confirming progress through the program
- Answering questions from school "champions"
- Providing guidance to partner schools
- Sending out newsletters about upcoming events and opportunities
- Providing support with activities and events
- Helping create and update School Travel Plans
To learn more about what Safe Routes to School can offer to your school:
Safe Routes to School Informational Document
Have activities that you want to report? Go here: