Biking, walking, and rolling in the sun! ☀️
Newsletter sent on 4/19/2022
Rolling into Spring! 🌷
Newsletter sent on 1/26
This year was Twenty Twenty FUN!
Newsletter sent on 10/20
Fall Newsletter: Bike Smart Is Back! 👍
We’re busy gearing up for our fall programs and looking back on another great summer!
Newsletter sent on 7/21
Summer is better by bike!
We’re rolling out our programs and services to make biking and walking more enjoyable for all. Read all about what we've been up to this summer in our newsletter!
Spring is one of our favorite seasons, as we’re busy planning out the year ahead and getting ready for summer!
What are we doing this spring?
- Installing a Demonstration Project to make a village safe and pleasant for pedestrians
- Sending our Bike Smart trailer to 20 schools
- Developing a new interactive mobile Island Line Map
- Prepping our Bike Ferry for a long fun season on the water
- Tuning our rental bikes for the Trailside Center
- And more! Scroll down to discover what we’re doing!
We’re excited for all our programs and services to roll out for the season and encouraging all Vermonters to experience the joy of biking and walking!
A few words from Local Motion Executive Director, Karen Yacos:
When I look back on the past year, I see a time of challenges large and small, some met and others still looming. Each of these challenges creates opportunities to better our communities, our organizations, and ourselves. Local Motion has heeded that call at every level, with both the adaptability and the limitations that come with being a small nonprofit. Simultaneously, we are supporting and supported by communities, partners, and organizations across the state as we take on this work together. You’ll hear all about it throughout this newsletter.
Summer has come to a close and fall is in full force with winter fast approaching! Before the snow falls, we wanted to give you an update on all the great things that we worked on over the summer.
- We formed a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team and have set out to understand and address structural racism within our organization and in the context of the work we do.
- We operated our Bike Ferry and Trailside Center safely and successfully during this summer of COVID-19.
- We turned our in-person safety, education, and Learning Network workshops into webinars and reached more people than ever.
- We continued to offer our E-bike Lending Library so Vermonters could get outside in a new and fun way.
- We maintained over three miles of protected bike lanes in Burlington.
But that’s not all! Read more about what we’ve done this summer by scrolling through our fall newsletter.