Purchase a pass to experience a full season aboard the Bike Ferry!
- Unlimited use, no blackout dates, no restrictions
- The connection between Colchester and the Champlain Islands during operating hours, avoiding major roadways
- Adults: $50 (plus $2 processing fee) for adults
- Youth 7-17: $25 (free for children 6 and under)
- Late May-June 14: Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, and Memorial Day
- June 19 through Labor Day, September 7: Seven (7) days a week
- September 11-October 12: Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays
- Hours of Operation: 10 am to 6 pm
* Schedule is subject to change due to weather and circumstances beyond Local Motion's control.
The Thompson Senior Center in Woodstock, VT and Local Motion are partnering to host an online Everyday Bicycling Workshop for community members.
Local Motion’s Everyday Bicycling Workshop is intended for anyone and everyone who is interested in getting back on their bike, expanding their biking comfort level, or looking for a refresher on bike safety and rules of the road. Everyday Bicycling doesn’t mean riding your bike every day - it means using your bicycle to do those everyday trips that we all make, from going grocery shopping, to getting to work, or just getting moving and getting outside!
In just one short hour, participants in our Basic Everyday Bicycling Workshop learn:
- How to make sure your bike is in good shape for riding/commuting
- How to map out a route that fits with your available time and comfort level
- How to "read" the street and ride safely under a range of conditions
- What gear you need (and don't need) to stay safe and comfortable
There will be plenty of time for questions throughout the workshop as well as time at the end, so come with any and all questions you have about biking and staying safe while riding!
The Everyday Bicycling Project is generously funded by the VTrans GoVT project and is free to all participants. The workshop will be held as a webinar to give participants an opportunity to ask questions about their own biking goals and about biking tips in general.
You will receive an email with the joining link and information the week before the workshop.
Stunning lake and mountain views, quaint villages, quiet meandering roads, fresh and fantastic local foods—this is Vermont, the heart of the small farm movement!
To register or for more information click here