Purchase a pass to experience a full season aboard the Bike Ferry!
- Unlimited use, no blackout dates, no restrictions
- The connection between Colchester and the Champlain Islands during operating hours, avoiding major roadways
- Adults: $50 (plus $2 processing fee) for adults
- Youth 7-17: $25 (free for children 6 and under)
- Late May-June 14: Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, and Memorial Day
- June 19 through Labor Day, September 7: Seven (7) days a week
- September 11-October 12: Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays
- Hours of Operation: 10 am to 6 pm
* Schedule is subject to change due to weather and circumstances beyond Local Motion's control.
Join Local Motion and Burlington Parks, Recreation, & Waterfront for an On-Street Bicycling Skills Workshop! Whether you’ve just started biking this year, or you’ve been biking for a while and are looking to get off the bike path and onto the streets, this workshop will help answer questions and build your confidence to be a safe on-street cyclist.
The workshop will start with an overview and discussion of basic rights and responsibilities, tips for staying safe on the road, and answers to your questions, then lead into some quick practice work in the parking lot before heading out onto the streets! Led by an experienced cyclist and safety instructor, this workshop will help guide you through what you need to do to keep yourself safe while cycling on the road.
You will learn:
- How to make safe turns
- Safe lane positioning
- Hazard avoidance
- Communicating with drivers
- And more!
All participants must bring their bike and helmet.
Bikes must be in good working order.
**It is recommended that you bring front and rear lights if you have them since the workshop will run somewhat close to sunset**
You must register on this page to attend!
- Please wear a mask when you arrive for the opening education section. Participants will keep space between themselves while riding on the streets and can remove masks while moving, but will be required to re-mask when stopped for questions and review.
- This event is limited to 8 participants to allow for social distancing.
To register or for more information click here