Spring is one of our favorite seasons, as we’re busy planning out the year ahead and getting ready for summer!
What are we doing this spring?
- Installing a Demonstration Project to make a village safe and pleasant for pedestrians
- Sending our Bike Smart trailer to 20 schools
- Developing a new interactive mobile Island Line Map
- Prepping our Bike Ferry for a long fun season on the water
- Tuning our rental bikes for the Trailside Center
- And more! Scroll down to discover what we’re doing!
We’re excited for all our programs and services to roll out for the season and encouraging all Vermonters to experience the joy of biking and walking!
Crashes are not accidental - they are entirely predictable.
The birds are chirping and the fresh scent of spring is in the air! Been itching to get back on your bike after the long winter break? Here are some tips to help you get ready to ride again.
A few words from Local Motion Executive Director, Karen Yacos:
When I look back on the past year, I see a time of challenges large and small, some met and others still looming. Each of these challenges creates opportunities to better our communities, our organizations, and ourselves. Local Motion has heeded that call at every level, with both the adaptability and the limitations that come with being a small nonprofit. Simultaneously, we are supporting and supported by communities, partners, and organizations across the state as we take on this work together. You’ll hear all about it throughout this newsletter.