With the new school year starting, it is the perfect time to make sure the schools in your region don't miss out on the Way to Go! Challenge. As you know, from September 26 - October 7, Vermont schools can go toe-to-toe against carbon pollution and win. Students, teachers and staff are encouraged to bike, walk, carpool, or ride the bus to victory. This year, there is also a BIG prize; one lucky school will win an AllEarth Solar Tracker to provide an estimated $85,000 of clean power value to the school over the life of tracker (installation included).
We want school coordinators to know how easy it is to participate in both Safe Routes to School and the Way to Go! Challenge. Essentially those participating in International Walk to School Day on October 5 can easily earn credits in Way to Go! too by tracking with tally sheets and reporting online. Find out how using the links below.
- You can see all the details about how schools can participate in Way to Go, including Prize Details, Extra Credit opportunities (for extra chances to win the solar tracker), and all of the contest rules here: http://waytogovt.org/awards/schools/
- The website also has downloadable information on how to track and submit student participationn and downloadable Classroom tracking sheets (The tally system will be very familiar to schools that have been involved with Safe Routes to school in the past).
- Everything you need to make it fun is available on the website including posters, videos and social media posts for your outreach. http://waytogovt.org/promotion-kit/
- You can see which schools are already signed up on the Leaderboard (schools are at the bottom):http://waytogovt.org/leaderboard
- A School Captains Directory will soon be available too.
Thank you for helping Vermont schools to get moving, support cleaner air and to choose more efficient travel choices!