Updated as of 8/11/20
COVID-19 Statement: The COVID-19 pandemic has caused major health and economic impacts in Vermont and throughout our country. While following Governor Scott’s “Stay Home, Stay Safe” order as updated, Local Motion is committed to continuing services to our Vermont community with renewed spirit and emphasis on safety for all. We want you to know what we are doing to keep our staff safe and healthy and you, our customers and supporters, safe and healthy too. We will be updating this information as needed.
If you have COVID-19 symptoms, have traveled in affected locations, or have had contact with someone who has traveled in affected locations or who has COVID-19 symptoms, please stay home and follow CDC guidelines.
It is a requirement for all those in Vermont to wear masks or cloth facial coverings over their nose and mouth any time they are in public spaces, indoors or outdoors, where they come in contact with others from outside their households, especially in congregate settings, and where it is not possible to maintain a physical distance of at least six feet. To alleviate concern for our staff serving our customers, it is important that you wear a mask and maintain a safe physical distance as much as possible at all of our locations.
- Employees are required to complete the VOSHA training before working at Local Motion.
Employee Pre-Work Health Screening
- Employees are not to report to work if they are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
- Employees will complete a daily health screening including taking their temperature with a no-contact thermometer prior to the start of their shift.
- If an employee is exhibiting any of the COVID-19 symptoms, that employee will be sent home and will be required to be tested and to self-quarantine until we have documentation of a clean bill of health.
Personal Protection Use
- Facial coverings that cover the nose and mouth, as recommended by the CDC, must be worn by all employees while at Local Motion work locations performing work duties while in the presence of other persons.
- All customers will be requested to wear a facial covering when interacting with our staff.
- Exemptions to this request include children and individuals who are unable to wear a facial covering for medical reasons.
- Employees & customers may choose to wear gloves, but this is not required if handwashing and disinfecting protocols are followed.
Personal Hygiene and Handwashing
- Employees are required to wash or sanitize their hands frequently, and directly after interactions with a customer.
- Hand washing must be performed with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, as recommended by the CDC.
- If soap and water are not available and hands are not visibly dirty, an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol may be used. However, if hands are visibly dirty, always wash hands with soap and water.
- Supplies such as disinfectants, disposable gloves, hand sanitizer, and soap are required to be in stock at all times.
Social Distancing Protocol
- Employees are required to adhere to state and local guidelines for social distancing, which are a minimum of 6 feet of distance between all individuals.
- Employees are to maintain social distancing of 6 ft when assisting customers.
- Customers not respecting social distancing guidelines may be asked to leave.
- Signage will be posted reminding employees and customers of safety guidelines.
Cleaning and Disinfecting
- High touchpoint areas, such as light switches, door handles, countertops, computers, and phones will be cleaned and disinfected at the beginning, middle, and end of each shift.
- Equipment that is used by a customer will be cleaned and disinfected after each use.
- Other touchpoints will be cleaned and disinfected at the beginning of each day.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at each location and is available in the Wing building at each entrance and at the restrooms.
Additional Program Information (will be expanded as programs open)
Trailside Center Bike Rentals
- Reservations are made online and paid for by credit card only.
- At the time of pick-up and drop-off, the employee and the customer will each wear a mask and maintain a 6-foot distance as much as possible.
Equipment Cleaning and Disinfecting
- Our bikes and other equipment are cleaned after every customer.
- High touchpoint areas are cleaned at regular intervals, including at the beginning, middle, and end of employee shifts.
- For the safety of all, we do not lend out tools.
E-bike Lending Library
- Reservations take place online and waivers are signed electronically.
- Bikes are cleaned and disinfected between customers.
- Instructions are provided by the employee to the customer by maintaining a 6-foot distance and wearing masks.
- A 6-foot social distance will be observed by passengers waiting in line for the ferry. Markings will be visible to assist with this.
- A staff member or volunteer will provide instructions for boarding the boat.
- Passengers and staff are required to wear masks while on the ferry, including loading and unloading, and when interacting with each other.
- We ask that passengers sit in designated spaces only as directed by the crew.
- Hand sanitizer will be available on the boat and at the ambassador station onshore for use by our passengers and staff.
- Please do not eat on the boat. You may eat on the shore before passage or once disembarked.
- Common touchpoint areas will be cleaned between trips..
- The toilet on board is for staff use only.