The Local Motion Bike Ferry
Anticipated Opening Day is scheduled for July 1 (subject to change)
Friday, Saturday & Sunday ONLY from May 23 - June 14
Daily from June 19 through Labor Day, September 7
Friday, Saturday & Sunday (plus holidays) September 11 - October 12
Hours of Operation: 10 am to 6 pm
*Schedule is subject to change due to weather and other circumstances beyond our control.
Our fares are suggested donations. The ferry doesn't run on love alone...though we wish it did. The service costs upwards of $190,000/year for over a hundred days of service -- and fares cover less than 60% of that. Thank you for your support.
We do not accept credit cards on the Causeway
Mon - Fri: $8 Adults, $5 Youth 7-17, free 6 & under
Weekends (Saturday & Sunday): $10 Adults, $5 Youth 7-17, free 6 & under
Mon - Fri: $5 Adults and Youth, free 6 & under
Weekends (Saturday & Sunday): $5 Adults and Youth, free 6 & under
GOOD NEWS - LOCAL MOTION WILL EXTEND SEASON PASS SALE DATE TO APRIL 30TH!
$40 for adults, $25 for youth 17 and under
Adult prices increase to $50 on May 1st
- Unlimited use, no blackout dates, no restrictions
- Valid only for the person to whom it is issued
Three ways to get a Season Pass
- Click the button below and pay with your credit card online -- we'll mail the pass to you!
- Purchase your pass from Local Motion's Trailside Center, located on the waterfront bike path in Burlington!
- Mail a check and avoid the processing fee: Send your name, mailing address, and a check to Local Motion (1 Steele St. #103 Burlington VT 05401)
Interested in using our bikes or bike ferry for a special event, corporate outing, wedding, etc.? Learn more here!