In 2011, Tropical Storm Irene dropped massive amounts of rain on the Mad River Valley causing flooding damage to businesses, homes, and roadways in Warren Village. The Vermont Downtown Action Team (V-DAT) responded by helping the community identify needs and create conceptual layouts for pedestrian improvements and streetscape enhancements that increase safety, calm traffic and provide a sense of place on Main Street. This project presents an opportunity for a qualified consultant to bid on the design and engineering services for an innovative project to create shared space for all road users on Main Street in Warren Village...
The Town seeks a consultant interested in would designing road improvements with, but not limited to, the following ideas:
- Install a contrasted textured pavement creating a plaza type effect where cars, pedestrians and bicycles share the road with minimal signage, lines and designated parking areas.
- Add a gateway type welcoming to the village.
- Add a three (3) way stop at the intersection of Main Street and Brook Road.
- Add a planter at the intersection of Main Street and Brook Road.
- Install lighting at the intersection of Brook Road consistent with Town’s Future lighting of the bridge.
- Install conduit for future lighting.
- Add trees along both sides of Main Street
Respondents should submit proposals electronically as a PDF to [email protected] by Friday, July 15, 2016. Please contact Kevin Camara by telephone at 802-862-5590 or by e-mail at [email protected] with any questions.
Download the RFP