Let's clarify one thing, IRR is most certainly not a "road ride". Not sure what we mean? Take a few minutes to enjoy this video of IRR 3.0.
Here's what you CAN expect:
- The start isn't really in Stowe, but somewhere in mid to central Vermont.
- IRR 8.0 will the most Irreverent IRR to date. Take that for what it is.
- It will be a long day on/with your bike.
- The terrain will be challenging, to the fullest extent of the word.
- There are little to zero route markings.
- Planned water drops and aid stations may exist, but don't plan solely on them.
- Be prepared to go 3-4 hours between water sources, Vermont is graced with many general stores and remote gas stations. And friendly neighbors too.
- We welcome anyone that wants to attempt to finish IRR, you just have to do it on our terms.
- Believe the hype. It's not #hype.
- The longest it has ever taken someone to complete the route was 17.5 hours.
https://www.bikereg.com/irr8 Early Registration by 5/16/19, End Registration 7/25/19
910 Cochran Rd
Richmond, VT 05477
Google map and directions