Vermont Walk & Bike Laws
Know your walking and biking laws in the state of Vermont!
Local Motion offers a summary of the rights and responsibilities of bicyclists in Vermont. You can also view the Vermont statutes online by clicking below.
Here are shortcuts to some of the most important specific sections of the Vermont State Statutes:
- Passing motor vehicles and vulnerable users
- Pedestrians' right of way in crosswalks
- Crossing except at crosswalks
- Pedestrians on roadways
- Riding on roadways and bicycle paths
- Lights on bicycles, and other equipment
- Hand Signals
- Opening and closing vehicle doors
- Putting glass, other items, on highway prohibited
- Driving on the sidewalk