Vermont Walk & Bike Laws
Know your walking and biking laws in the state of Vermont!
Local Motion offers a summary of the rights and responsibilities of bicyclists in Vermont. You can also view the Vermont statutes online by clicking below.
Review Vermont Statutes Online
Local Motion Pedestrian Rights & Responsibilities Document
Here are shortcuts to some of the most important specific sections of the Vermont State Statutes:
- Passing motor vehicles and vulnerable users
- Pedestrians' right of way in crosswalks
- Crossing except at crosswalks
- Pedestrians on roadways
- Riding on roadways and bicycle paths
- Lights on bicycles, and other equipment
- Hand Signals
- Opening and closing vehicle doors
- Putting glass, other items, on highway prohibited
- Driving on the sidewalk