Vermont has many different types of trails -- hiking trails, mountain biking trails, equestrian trails and shared-use trails. Help us keep our trails in good shape and respectful places by following the following etiquette.
- Ride, walk and inline skate on the right side of the path (unless otherwise posted)
- Ring a bell or say "passing on your left" when passing
- Obey all traffic laws and signs
- When bicycling, signal your turns by using your arms
- When running, walking or bicycling side-by-side, be alert for other path users and get in single file when others approach
- Wear a helmet when biking, inline skating or skateboarding -- it's not the law in Vermont but it makes good sense!