Vermont Bike Challenge
MAY 1 TO SEPTEMBER 30, 2013
Challenge yourself, challenge your friends.
Get on your bike and win great prizes!
VISIT WWW.NATIONALBIKECHALLENGE.ORG AND CLICK "JOIN."
NOTE: This link takes you to the National Bike Challenge, the parent event of the Vermont Bike Challenge.
After you enter your information, you will be taken to the Vermont Bike Challenge page.
IF YOU ARE ALREADY REGISTERED, CLICK HERE TO SIGN IN
TO YOUR PERSONALIZED VERMONT BIKE CHALLENGE PAGE.
The Challenge is a great way to take your riding to the next level, get back in to bicycling, or bike for the first time!
Every kind of riding counts, from commuting to work a couple of times a week to doing a rail trail ride on the weekend with your kids to flying down a singletrack on your mountain bike.
Drawings for great prizes every month -- including a grand prize of a free bicycling vacation!
The Vermont Bike Challenge is co-presented by Local Motion, the Vermont Bicycle and Pedestrian Coalition, and the Green Mountain Bicycle Club.
Many thanks to our local sponsors, Earl's Cyclery and Fitness and Sojourn Bicycling and Active Vacations. They are supporting our efforts AND providing great prizes for participants!
Here's how the Vermont Bike Challenge works:
- The Challenge all happens online, and it's super-easy to get started! You set up a profile, start logging your miles, and in five minutes, you're ready to go! The Challenge uses an internationally known workout tracking system called Endomondo.com.
- For every day you get on your bike, you automatically earn twenty points -- plus an extra point for every mile you ride! So you don't have to be a long-distance rider to score high -- riding regularly is all it takes. And the more points you earn, the higher your ranking and the better your chance of winning prizes!
- You have two easy options for logging your rides! If you use the smartphone app, all you have to do is hit "start" when you start your ride and "finish" when you're done -- by the time you get back to your computer, the ride will be credited to your profile. If you prefer, you can enter your ride info directly into your own personalized page on the Vermont Bike Challenge site. In either case, it's quick and easy!
- The website shows how you're doing in real time! There are leaderboards for individuals, workplaces, communities, and teams -- and each of them updates every time someone rides. (There's even a leaderboard that shows how Vermont as a whole is doing in the National Bike Challenge!) Every point you earn automatically counts not only for you as an individual, but also for your workplace, your community, and any teams you start or join.
- The more points you earn, the more prizes you can win! We'll be giving out great prizes all summer long, plus special recognition for the people, workplaces, teams, and communities that come out on top.
- Anyone can start or join a team. You can team up with co-workers in your department, friends in your neighborhood, your weekend riding buddies, or people anywhere across the country. There is no limit this year on how many people can join your team; the more people you have on your team, the better you'll do in the rankings -- so recruit people and fill up your team!
For more information, please contact Jason Van Driesche at
The Vermont Bike Challenge is a great way to promote employee fitness and highlight your company’s commitment to wellness!
Registering your company for the Vermont Bike Challenge is FREE and doesn’t commit you to anything. All it means is that, when your employees sign up for the Challenge and start earning points, those points count for your company too!
Here’s what you do:
- Register your company for the Challenge! Just go to www.endomondo.com/registration and fill out the form.
- Promote the Challenge to your employees! Send them to www.VTbikechallenge.org (which links to this page on Local Motion's website) for more info links, or just have them go to www.nationalbikechallenge.org to register. You can download PDF flyers for promoting the Challenge at this same URL.
- Watch your company climb in the rankings! The Challenge website has built-in leaderboards for workplaces (as well as for riders, teams, and communities). You can see in real time how your company stacks up against other Vermont workplaces.
NOTE: In order to view leaderboards and other features of the site, you need to be registered as an individual. So make sure you sign up yourself! You’ll be able to see both your own ranking and that of your company.