All of our workshops are inclusive and accessible to be as inviting as possible for anyone who is interested in bicycling more. Our workshop leaders are all experienced transportation bicycle riders who work hard to create a welcoming and inspiring atmosphere that recognizes that everyone will engage in bicycling at their own levels.
We offer workshops for people of all ages (including school groups.)
We provide food (upon request) for our workshops, to make it easier for participants to decide to attend.
Types of workshops that we offer:
Basic Everyday Bicycling Workshop (1 hour):
In just one short hour, participants in our Basic Everyday Bicycling workshop learn:
- What gear you need (and don't need) to stay safe and comfortable
- How to make sure your bike is in good shape for commuting
- How to map out a route that fits with your available time and comfort level
- How to "read" the street and ride safely under a range of conditions
On-Street Everyday Bicycling Workshop (90 minutes):
This workshop helps participants build their skills and confidence for riding on the street! The focus of this workshop will be on feeling comfortable riding with traffic and being safe. Participants will learn:
- How to make safe turns
- Safe lane positioning
- Hazard avoidance
- Communicating with drivers
- And more!
- All participants must bring their bike and helmet.
- Bikes must be in good working order.
Basic Bike Mechanics Workshop (1 hour to 90 minutes):
This workshop will give participants the skills you need to be able to roam far and wide on their bike with confidence. At the end of this workshop, participants will know how to:
- Fix a flat
- Check to make sure their bike is safe to ride
- Adjust brakes
- And more!
- Bringing your own bike is ideal, but not mandatory.
- Participants will receive free patch kits, tire levers, and chain lubricant.
Safe Family Everyday Bicycling Workshop (1 hour):
Many people bicycle less after having children. Participants at this workshop will learn how to ride safely with children. This workshop will cover:
- How to pick a safe route, avoid hazards, and ride in style
- How to teach your child the essentials of safe riding
- What to ride and what to wear to be comfortable and visible
- And more!
Winter Everyday Bicycling Workshop (1 hour):
This workshop covers all participants need to know to enter the wild and exciting world of riding through the winter. We will cover safety concerns including:
- Being seen at night
- Riding techniques
- Bike maintenance
- Winter riding gear
- Incorporating buses and cars as part of your riding strategy.
- We will also consider the psychological aspects of riding in cold weather and how to push ourselves just a little bit.