We know what we’re doing when it comes to encouraging kids to walk and bike more! We’ve got great materials for teachers and families to encourage skill development, safe behavior through games and fun activities.
Information on planning and running Walking School Buses / Bike Trains and Remote Drop Off with a focus on safety and effectiveness during COVID.
Distance Learning Resources
This is a set of resources for caregivers and teachers to help kids continue to be physically active while at home.
Remote Bike/Walk Community Building
- Bike Smart BIKING (3rd-5th version) Scavenger Hunt
- Bike Smart BIKING (k-2 version) Scavenger Hunt
- Bike Smart WALKING Scavenger Hunt
- Bike Smart WALKING OR BIKING WITH SENSES Scavenger Hunt
- Dutch Biking Games
- More coming soon!
Materials for Caregivers
- Parent’s Guide to Safe Bicycling
- How to use a balance bike to teach a child how to ride on two wheels
Bike Smart Resources
We have an entire page of resources for teachers using Bike Smart -- click here to see the list of materials teachers can use to enrich and inform their Bike Smart teaching.