In spring 2017, the Burlington City Council approved PlanBTV Walk Bike, the city's first-ever walk-bike master plan. This plan is a blueprint for making Burlington the kind of place where anyone can bike and walk anywhere in safety and comfort. Now it is time to implement the plan! Join the call for making the Queen City a great place to walk and bike.
TEXT OF THE PETITION IS AS FOLLOWS:1,043 signatures
To the Burlington City Council,
I am writing to you to ask you to do three things to support PlanBTV Walk Bike:
- Communicate to city staff and to fellow councilors that you support rapid overall implementation of the plan
- Support any specific projects that come before Council that are consistent with the plan
- Actively support and vote for operating and capital budgets as needed to implement the plan
This issue is very important to me. I will follow with interest any community and Council meetings where the plan is discussed and voted on, and hope I can count on your support for the plan at those meetings.
Michelle Anderson endorsed 2019-05-06 12:44:02 -0400
We, the undersigned, support the repurposing of the existing public right of way along Colchester Ave to make room for new and improved biking facilities. We call on the City of Burlington and Burlington Public Works Commission to support the repurposing of public space currently used for on-street parking to improve safety for those biking along this corridor. We believe this is an appropriate and beneficial use of public space.Endorse
Michelle Anderson donated 2019-09-30 02:22:00 -0400
Local Motion's mission is to make biking and walking a way of life in Vermont. Monthly gifts are convenient for you and help provide financial stability for Local Motion.
Sustainer benefits include:
- Uninterrupted giving - we’ll automatically bill your credit or debit card every month.
- Annual tax receipt each January, documenting the cumulative gifts for the prior year
- No additional renewal notices.
- Change or cancel your monthly gift any time by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 802-861-2700 Ext 107.
Thank you! Your support means a lot to us!Donate