As part of our on going Close the Gaps campaign, we're asking the seasoned bike commuter to teach us how you get from here to there throughout Chittenden County. Thanks to an inspiration from the Massachusetts Bike Coalition, we've set up a new Google Account for bicyclists to share their on the ground experience. Do you have a great route to get to work, a ride with beautiful views, or know a special way that's off the beaten path and saves you the headache of dealing with traffic? Map it out to share with other cycling commuters!
Questions or comments? Please contact
Route 15 - Alternative from Winooski to Susie Wilson Road
View Route 15 - alternative from Winooski to Susie Wilson Rd. in a larger map
Please note that the instructions below grant you access to a shared account. You will be able to view and access routes posted by others, so please take care not to delete their contributions! Please only edit routes that you have posted. Thank you!
Inspiration and instructions for this project are thanks to the Massachusetts Bicycle Coalition – MassBike.org
It should just take you few minutes to map your routes.
- Go to http://maps.google.com.
- Click Sign in located in the upper right corner.
- Login with the following information:
- Password: bikeroutes
If you are already signed in with a personal gmail account, please logout and re-sign in using the above information.
- Click the My Maps tab located under "Google".
- Click the Create New Map button located under the My Maps tab.
- An input box will appear.
- In the Title box, please create a name for your ride, write your full name and today’s date.
- Example: Winooski to Susie Wilson Rd. via St. Michael’s College, Mary Smith, 10/2/07.
- In the Description box, please write a current email address and the purpose of the ride, i.e. commute to job, errands, social, fun/exercise, work (messenger, courier).
, commute to work.
- You are now ready to trace your route.
- To Zoom in, click "+".
- To Start, single click the in the upper left corner of the map. Single click on the map location corresponding to your ride origin.
- To Change directions, single click along the intersections.
- To Finish double click on the map location corresponding to destination.
- To Edit after saving, hover the "hand" symbol over the route. When the route appears click and click once where you want to make edits.
- After double clicking, an input box will appear. Please enter the reason you chose this route (i.e. most direct, most scenic, fewest cars, safest…) and/or anything else you want to share with us.
- Click the Save button.