Join Local Motion
Become a part of the people-powered movement to make Vermont communities great places to walk and bike! Your membership fuels our work and demonstrates your commitment to bringing walking and biking within reach for everyone. Please join today.
Local Motion members come in all shapes and sizes. Some give $10 a year. Others give $10,000. Every one of them has one thing in common: a commitment to fueling the movement for a walkable, bikeable Vermont.
With your support, we can do amazing work. Whether it’s raising $1.5 million to take our Bike Ferry to daily service, or bringing bike skills trainings to 5,000 kids each year with Kohl’s Kids Bike Smart, we are Vermont’s only nonprofit that can get big things done for walking and biking.
A monthly donation to Local Motion makes it possible for us to lead bold campaigns. For the cost of a sandwich and a drink each month, you can fuel lasting change in your community. Please become a Sustaining Member today!
You are in charge of your Sustaining Membership. Your automatic monthly contribution of $5 or more will charged to your credit or debit card until you contact us to make a change. For questions about sustaining memberships or to update or cancel your monthly donation, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 802-861-2700 x107.
Businesses enjoy many benefits by becoming members of Local Motion. From customized workshops to great publicity, we help you stand out! Learn more today about how we can help your business—and your employees—thrive.
Local Motion offers Business Member benefits at a variety of levels as described below. Each level includes all the benefits of lower levels, plus the benefits specific to that level.
$250 basic business membership:
- Recognition on dedicated business member webpage
- Better by Bike decal for posting at place of business
- Better by Bike logo for website
- Five bike ferry passes
$500 silver business membership:
- Recognition upon joining via a boosted post on Local Motion’s Facebook page (4,000 likes)
- Individualized support for applying for “Bicycle Friendly Business” recognition
$1,000 gold business membership:
- Business profile in monthly e-news upon joining (5,000+ recipients, 30%+ open rate)
- Special mention in Local Motion’s annual report
$2,500 platinum business membership:
- On-site consultation with Local Motion staff to discuss walk-bike issues of interest to your business
- Free Local Motion memberships for up to 10 of your employees
$5,000 diamond business membership:
- Special status as member of “Better by Bike Leadership Circle”
- Speaking opportunities at Better by Bike events
- Customized Better by Bike stickers/other items (e.g., “Redstone: Better by Bike”)
- A 10% discount on Dero bike racks from Local Motion (some limitations apply)