Jobs & Internships
Local Motion's current job openings and internships (if any) are listed below. Please direct all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
Are you a social media native and a natural-born community organizer? Do you geek out on making the world a better place through data? And when you’re not staring at a screen, do you love to walk and bike and be active? Combine your passions as Local Motion’s Community Engagement Coordinator! You’ll support Local Motion staff with online organizing tools and in-depth supporter data analysis, as well as lead our efforts to build our online presence and our member base. This exciting position with Vermont’s walk and bike advocacy nonprofit uses the cutting-edge NationBuilder community organizing platform to supercharge our work as we transform local passion for walking and biking into a statewide movement for active transportation and vibrant communities.
download the job description
Local Motion’s Trailside center staff ambassadors are responsible for daily, on-site operation of our Trailside Center. As members of the broader Local Motion team, our seasonal staff engage visitors and encourage them to get involved in and contribute to local cycling and pedestrian advocacy efforts.
See the full posting
Pay: $11.75 per hour
Hours: Weekdays, 9:30 am-6:30pm, September 1-October 15.
- Perform rental and product sales transactions
- Size, adjust and explain operation of rental bikes to customers
- Provide advice on cycling trails/routes for beginner to intermediate riders
- Perform routine cleaning and maintenance of bikes, to include:
- handlebar/seat adjustment, tire/tube repair/replacement, brake adjustment, derailleur adjustment, chain lubrication/adjustment, wheel truing
- Maintain fleet maintenance records in bike fleet database
- Prepare daily Trailside Center reconciliation reports and banking deposits
- Basic bicycle maintenance skills – previous shop experience a plus
- Ability to lift 30 pound bicycles onto racks 4 feet off the ground, many times a day
- Previous bike shop or rental experience desirable
To Apply: Send letter of interest and resume to email@example.com