Jobs & Internships
Local Motion's current job openings and internships (if any) are listed below. Please direct all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
Local Motion’s Trailside center staff ambassadors are responsible for daily, on-site operation of our Trailside Center. As members of the broader Local Motion team, our seasonal staff engage visitors and encourage them to get involved in and contribute to local cycling and pedestrian advocacy efforts.
Pay: $11.75 per hour
Hours: Weekdays, 9:30 am-6:30pm, September 1-October 15.
- Perform rental and product sales transactions
- Size, adjust and explain operation of rental bikes to customers
- Provide advice on cycling trails/routes for beginner to intermediate riders
- Perform routine cleaning and maintenance of bikes, to include:
- handlebar/seat adjustment, tire/tube repair/replacement, brake adjustment, derailleur adjustment, chain lubrication/adjustment, wheel truing
- Maintain fleet maintenance records in bike fleet database
- Prepare daily Trailside Center reconciliation reports and banking deposits
- Basic bicycle maintenance skills – previous shop experience a plus
- Ability to lift 30 pound bicycles onto racks 4 feet off the ground, many times a day
- Previous bike shop or rental experience desirable